Halfway through the course

So I'm halfway through the orientation course. So far the first few topics Cell biology and pathology have been fairly dry but fear not, it does improve!

They're boring but I suppose that's because I had covered such topics in university albeit a long time ago. The particular lecturers do have a droning voice and a tendency to read off the slides but I found the topics interesting anyway. It's quite remarkable how the inner workings of the body don't breakdown more often. I do remember thinking that same thing as I learned this stuff the first time around. I thought Mark Schifter's lectures were fantastic and he's a very knowledgeable and interesting speaker. He did deserve more time to go through his content though. Microbiology was pretty much the same stuff that I encountered in university but delivered much more enthusiastically and more in depth by Laurie Walsh than he did at university.

I am looking forward to further lectures on Micro, Histo and Anatomy. Traditionally, I've thought of anatomy like logic and reason mostly a male dominated subject but we will see how I go in the process of learning. I'm quite starting to enjoy the process but I can see how the potential content to study can quickly become unmanageable. We will see how things progress.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primary exams experience

Order of study