First post!

So I've been working on Dental Tidbits for a while and I'm entering a different stage in my career. I've signed up for the RACDS primary orientation course this year and I've just received a copy of the lecture notes. To be honest a lot of it looks like uni stuff (which i've long forgotten) but there is a fair amount of content to churn through.

I do get the sense that supplemental texts will be very important to consolidate and extend knowledge from the lecture notes and I'm not sure how i'm going to manage to get my hands on them. I'm actually quite proud of the fact that I bought no textbooks over the course of my 5 year degree. I know that there will be copies of the text books in the ADA NSW library but this is a fair inconvenience to travel interstate for this. There may be some "non legal" copies on line that I may have to access or maybe some copies in the medical university libraries in Brisbane which is also a bit of a trek.

Anyway, the reason I created this blog was to allow me to post on subjects that I encounter through my studies over the next 5-6 months. The topics are quite scientific and quite dry and it didn't feel quite right posting them in Dental Tidbits and cluttering up the main page. I tried but couldn't figure out a way to make the posts only appear in a separate page on the main website therefore new blog page it is!

I guess this goes back to my old post on how I learn:

http://dental-tidbits.blogspot.com/2019/01/how-do-i-learn.html

The way I am going to try and churn though the content is to read it through once and understand the overall picture. Then come back and make posts on the subject to consolidate my knowledge. I'll then read through and revise the notes after that. The amount of time this will take has not been underestimated and I assume that midway through I will only stick to making posts about interesting or vital topics but we shall see.

The orientation course in 2 weeks will be my test to see if I feel confident in attempting the exams this year. If I don't do it this year I suspect that I won't do it at all. That's just the way I am. At this point, seeing the amount of content I feel I will be able to fit it in with my work (of which I do very little of) and life (of which I have none). Anyway, if you're reading then wish me luck. If it's 2020 and onwards then feel free to ask me what I ended up doing and how I went.


Comments

  1. How did you go??? I’m really thinking of doing exams as it’s online- I did the course in 2014 but don’t have my notes on me - would you know where I can get some helpful notes???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Primary exams experience

Order of study

Halfway through the course